Multiple Concurrent Internet Sessions

Hugg6ear 12:25 16 Oct 03

Hi,

I have 2 Win XP PC's networked together, I use Explorer and Outlook. The question is will I be able to have both PC's using the Inernet at the same time. I use Freeserve Broadband and have asked them twice and all I get is an answer to a different question!

Thanks Ian.

Pesala 12:40 16 Oct 03

Is give an answer to a different question. I have Opera 7.21, Opera 6.05, and Internet Explorer installed on my PC. I can have all three of them loading pages at the same time. Naturally, this slows down page loading on any one of them, if the other is also busy, but it doesn't seem to produce any conflicts, not even if I access the same web page at more or less the same time.

So I think the answer is, try it and see. If it doesn't work at all, come back and tell us what happens.

dontaskme 13:00 16 Oct 03

Connect one to the internet and then share the connection. both connections will work normally apart from a drop in speed if both are downloading. Doubt you'll notice opening web pages.

The problem as i understand it (and why freeserve didn't really answer) is that they want you to pay for two computers to use it.

Hugg6ear 13:05 16 Oct 03

Thanks,, I will set it and give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…