multiple antivirus/ antispyware software

random-fish 20:44 30 May 07

is it possible to run multiple antivirus programmes at the same time without them conflicting with one another??

thanks

Jackcoms 20:45 30 May 07

No

skidzy 20:47 30 May 07

Some basic advice here click here

woodchip 20:47 30 May 07

You should only run one AV to be safe and no problems. But it can be done running two if only one is checking Memory and Dos environments. best way to no have conflicts is just run one

VoG II 20:47 30 May 07

But you can run as many antispyware programs as you wish.

p;3 21:14 30 May 07

it its tanatmount to computer suicide to have more than ONE installed av program

you may have ONE installed antivirus program ( choice is yours but we all have our 'preferences')
and you may also run an ON LINE scan with another av program

as Vog says you may have as many other protection programs as you wish BUT the more you go for the slower the comp may get and overloaded with 'bitsand bods'; 'quality and not quantity' phrase comes to mind too

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:18 30 May 07

Use a free AV programme, an antispy programme such as Spyware Terminator (free) and have spybot OR Adaware as a reserve. Any old firewall will do. Running anything more than these, on a home computer, is really gormless and a waste of time. I have not seen a virus on a home computer (and I see many) in months and months. I usually see Trojans which have been inadvertently downloaded by the owner so you need more common sense than AV/Spyware programmes.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…