multimedia/sound/volume

leotiger4556 19:12 01 Sep 04

hi,
my problem is i have no sound/volume on my p.c.
I am unable to hear music etc etc, In fact when i tried to hireup the sound/volume nothing works tried add/remove etc etc, and it wont let me do anything. In fact it say theirs no sound card in pc, but their is, because i have my computer for 4 years now and this as only happened a few months ago, hence i am trying everything since to no avail. my computer is windows me. Please please i hope you can help me ti sort this out

Diodorus Siculus 21:10 01 Sep 04

Do you know what sort of sound card you have? It may be that the drivers have become corruped and need reinstalling.

leotiger4556 06:32 02 Sep 04

thanks for your reply to my problem.) But i dont know what sort of sound card i have, it was already set up in my system when i bought it, how do i find out? and please could you tell me how do i reinstall it? my problem tere is i cant find my back up disc to reinstall the sound card so is there any other way in doing it, look forward to your reply and to any other people who can help me, So thanks again diodorus

Diodorus Siculus 08:54 02 Sep 04

BelarcAdvisor will find it for you; click here

When you install Belarc it will tell you the type of sound you have - either onboard or on a card.

Then go to the manufacturer site and download the relevant drivers for your card. It may be part of the motherboard so you may have to go there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…