multimedia question

J B 15:04 20 Dec 05

At present I have Windows Media Player 10 installed and also Quicktime player. In the case of Quicktime I was told that I needed it for certain types of files of which I am clueless. Is there anything else that I need outside WMP and Quicktime, or should I get rid of Quicktime and install Media Player Classic V6, or does anyone have any other suggestions on what I should have as a matter of course along with WMP 10. Any idea's would be helpful, thanks. J.B.

Jazzy James 15:16 20 Dec 05

I have windows media player installed which plays most of the music I want.

However, I've also got a simplified version of 'Real Player' (on a recent PC advisor CD) to play .ra or .ram extensions and to listen to streaming content from BBC.

I guess that's why you've been advised that you need quicktime in addition to windows media player.

J B 19:50 20 Dec 05

Thanks, I think I will stick with what I have at present. J.B.

Stuartli 20:29 20 Dec 05

Download the standard codecs pack from:

click here

and install them. The pack supplies virtually every audio and video codec likely to be required in general use.

Also check in WMP's File Types from Tools>Options that all files are Enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…