Multimedia probs

coolteentom 20:34 01 Jun 03

About 5 months ago, I got a virus and had to clear out the hard drive and go back from Windows 98 SE to Windows 98. Now, a lot of my multimedia programs freeze when I try and use them - including CD-PLAYER, CD-BURNING SOFTWARE, WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER etc.

Also, I have noticed in Device Manager that I have 2 entries of 'Wave Device for Voice Modem'. When I try and remove one, it just comes back - is that part of the problem??

Do you know what's wrong here?

Thanks

ton 20:46 01 Jun 03

If you have 2 entries the same in Device Manager, remove them both, then reboot and hopefully there will be only one.

coolteentom 21:06 01 Jun 03

I've just had a go now, and it worked, but then I rebooted for the second time and it went back to the original state with two entries..

Thanks anyway.

ton 21:11 01 Jun 03

I reckon you need to remove the sound card drivers and the entries in device manager, then reboot and windows will ask for drivers to install.

coolteentom 10:58 02 Jun 03

Thanks, I'll try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…