Multimedia Audio Controller

postie 19:27 03 Jul 04

my computer shows a yellow question mark on Multiimedia Audio Controller and tells me I have no driver loaded for it where can I find one ???
postie

Mike2002 19:32 03 Jul 04

Do you have a separate Sound Card, or built-in sound on your Motherboard?

If the latter, then the driver will be on your Motherboard Installation disk.

postie 19:44 03 Jul 04

I can only assume it is built in as I cannot find any reference to it as a sound card
postie

Mike2002 21:23 03 Jul 04

What are the circumstances behind this?

Is the PC one you've just aquired?
Have you never had any sound at all - or has it just gone silent?

If (like myself) you have onboard sound, then you'll need to find out the make etc of your Motherboard to ascertain the Driver details.

postie 22:04 03 Jul 04

Its just a new one which I bought last month and as I am hard of hearing I never bothered with audio, but I would like to get rid of the question mark . thats all

postie 22:04 03 Jul 04

Its just a new one which I bought last month and as I am hard of hearing I never bothered with audio, but I would like to get rid of the question mark . thats all
postie

Totally-braindead 22:47 03 Jul 04

If you mean its a new computer you bought just last month then contact who you got it from and get then to fix it, if you mean you bought a sound card last month then try reinstalling the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…