Multifunction Device Advice

Sebby 15:10 31 Mar 04

I'm looking to replace my separate fax, printer, and scanner for a multifunction device. The Brother MFC-3820CN featured in the current issue of PC Advisor caught my eye.

Firstly, and most importantly, it's network ready, which is exactly what I need at home. It seems to have a decent spec. for a decent price; in particular, the ADF and flat-bed design seem useful features.

Would anyone advise me otherwise before I go ahead and order it?

Many thanks in advance.

Sebby 17:46 31 Mar 04

Sebby 23:41 31 Mar 04

stalion 23:43 31 Mar 04

sorry Bump

Sebby 23:56 31 Mar 04

Tog 07:59 01 Apr 04

If your going to put all your eggs in one basket, get a surge protector that protects the phoneline as well as the mains input. Otherwise you'll lose everything next time there's a power glitch.

Sebby 10:28 01 Apr 04

Does this relate to the Brother? Are you referring to the settings stored on the machine?

AndySD 10:36 01 Apr 04
  Sebby 10:46 01 Apr 04

That doesn't mention this at all as far as I can see.

Oh, and it got a pretty bad review compared with PC Advisor's...

AndySD 11:08 01 Apr 04

"That doesn't mention this at all as far as I can see. " ?????

I have been looking at these over the last week for my stepfather and came to the conclusion that they are not worth it. Overall the quality of one or more of the componants has been cut to keep the proce down. Saying that it was the HP models that impressed me the most.

Sebby 11:13 01 Apr 04

I apologise, I thought you were referring to Tog's comment.

I've looked at both Epson and HP multifunction devices. I need something networkable, and the Epson's aren't. The HP's are extremely expensive and the network feature costs extra. The Brother seems a good overall buy for under £200, especially if you're not going to be photo printing, which I'm not. PC Advisor certainly thought so when they reviewed it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…