Multicard reader

my machine will not read the sd card from my camera it just shows icons the right amount same as pictures but no picture

PA28 19:41 22 Oct 04

I'm not sure if I've misunderstood this but in XP try View>Thumbnails from the top menu when you have your card inserted.

I have tried to view with thumbnails or list in fact all the options but still the same.If I connect my camera via the USB then no problem all the pictures open up as they should but if I use the card reader on the machine it just showes them as an icon with an exclamination mark in the middle.

Barson 21:03 22 Oct 04

Have you tried right clicking the multi card drive in my computer and looking to see if the drive is working properly. If so go to Device Manager and see if the drive is shown as having a problem (A yellow question mark ).

Barson 21:03 22 Oct 04

Have you tried right clicking the multi card drive in my computer and looking to see if the drive is working properly. If so go to Device Manager and see if the drive is shown as having a problem (A yellow question mark ).

hssutton 22:08 22 Oct 04

This is usually an indication that the file format is not recognised, you didn't happen to shoot in raw did you?

Right I know a fair bit about pc but what is shoot in raw because may be I have ? .

ton 22:40 23 Oct 04

'Raw' is a file type. If your camera has this setting you should be able to choose between raw or jpg etc. (in the camera settings)

It is usually only the more expensive cameras that have this facility.

there seems to be no raw setting

hssutton 10:00 24 Oct 04

Well that rules out "Raw" so I guess they must be Jpgs.

You Don't say what program you are using to read the files. Most people would recommend that you try using Irfanview, but I much prefer xnview click here Both are freeware so you have nothing to lose by downloading and trying them.

PA28 14:20 25 Oct 04

What camera is it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…