Multibooting, incl. from 2nd hdd

bruce 08:43 04 Mar 03

P3 500, 512 MB, 1 x Maxtor 40GB as master and 1 x Fujitsu 13 GB as slave, dual booting via Boot Magic to XP Pro (and W98SE) from the master.
The death of my wife's multiple expansion packs of The Sims, forced me to get on with ditching my old os images, created when I first got my Maxtor, and getting up to date.
Rather than images, I thought, I could re-load W98SE and XP Pro to their own partitions as back-up os's and have a Backup partition for data.
I didn't do my research, switched master and slave and loaded up.
When I switched back, I realised that XP Pro's bootloader didn't include / couldn't see the new installations.
I did my research and thought I concluded that 98 couldn't boot from a 2nd hdd.
However, when I select the new W98SE from Boot Magic, then select Windows in the XP Pro bootloader, it boots from the new installation of W98SE on the 2nd hdd.

1 It does it, so I take it my reading (on a post here, I think, although it was 2 am) was wrong.

2 Can I get rid of the XP Pro bootloader as it's just duplicating Boot Magic (although I suppose it's really Boot Magic that's doing the duplicating, I like Boot Magic) and, if so, how ?

Thanks to any and all.

bruce 18:16 04 Mar 03

bruce 18:23 05 Mar 03

Anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…