multi user windows XP

Newuser3477 22:12 16 Feb 05

My wife and I have our own settings in Windows XP.I have accidentally installed one of my programms in her area. This would be a pain to uninstall and reinstall in my area. I beleive there is a facility to make a programm available to all users. Is this true? and how do i make the progamme available to all users

LeadingMNMs 22:20 16 Feb 05

It really depends on where exactly the program was installed and whether your account is an administrator or not.

Providing the program is not installed within your wifes Documents and Settings folder then you'll have access to the program and all you need to do is either create your own shortcut for the program, or move the one that she has into your desktop/start menu.

Some programs can be a bit funny with not allowing limited accounts to run them, though I can only remember coming across one that was troublesome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…