Multi user broadband connection on XP

lloyd35 10:52 10 Aug 03

I have windows XP on BT broadband.

I have been trying for some days now to set up multiple user accounts that enable the broadband connection to stay in place when switching between users.

I have been told that i need to 'save username and password' between usernames but i have been unable to find an option allowing this.

any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pc moron 19:36 10 Aug 03

I'm afraid I can't help with your problem, but I can point you in the right direction. click here

This will put your post to the top, and hopefully someone will be able to help.

lloyd35 19:41 10 Aug 03

i was pointed in this direction:

click here;en-us;158909

however i dont know what a registry key is let alone how to go about changing one.

I had a look but decided that this is not something i should be doing. If anyone can walk me through it or give another suggestion i would be very happy.

thanks

FRANKMAC 19:48 10 Aug 03

i have windows xp and bt broadband, i didn't have to change any registry values manually !
What type of modem do u have ?

FRANKMAC 19:49 10 Aug 03

ooops.... forgot to ask, do you just switch between users or does one user log off and another user log on ?

lloyd35 19:52 10 Aug 03

BT Voyager 100. USB ADSL Modem.

yes, i thought not (my friend has exactly the same and he has no problems but certainly wouldnt know what a registry key was), BT Helpdesk are denying it is possible which is annoying!

lloyd35 19:54 10 Aug 03

i switch from myself (dont log out) but then have to 'log in' to another user. It is at this point it disconnects.

I will now try logging them both in and trying to connect them both by switching between them

FRANKMAC 19:57 10 Aug 03

ok, i take it u are hold the adminisrater account, when u click the icon to connect to the internet , make sure you save u password and check the box that says " let all users of this pc connect to the internet using this connection" (something like that any way)

lloyd35 19:58 10 Aug 03

no even if i just switch between logged in users i still get disconnected.

lloyd35 20:00 10 Aug 03

I dont have that option (well i cant find it anywhere anyway)

I do have a 'save username' option but that doesnt make any difference.

powerless 20:03 10 Aug 03

What you need is Tweak UI 2 from Microsoft.

click here then on the left click "TweakUI.exe" (Direct download click here)

Download, install, Then open Tweak UI, Click 'Logon', now place a tick in the the box next to 'Keep RAS Connections after loff". Now click ok and you'll now have what you want.

It does work also when switching users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos