Multi-Speaker set ups

ventanas 08:42 08 Jul 04

Never been into sound on a PC. As long as it gives a "ding" when something goes wrong I'm happy. So when I got asked a question last night I couldn't answer it. The 4.1; 5.1 etc setups. Do they require different connections on the PC. ie my home machine has on board AC97 with the usual three sockets. The one here on my desk has SoundMax, again the three sockets. Will these speakers connect and work with these systems. The system I was asked about also has the same.

Just curious to know because I have absolutely no idea.

georgemac 09:00 08 Jul 04

it depends on the audio setup and drivers. One thing to watch for is the connections on the speakers. Sound cards and motherboards normally take 3.5 mm jack plugs, if you purchase speakers with rca connectors you will need adaptors to fit them to the sound card.

click here good place to start

ventanas 09:03 08 Jul 04

Thanks for the help. Do I assume then that all speakers connect to a central hub, which itself is connected to the PC?

Gaz 25 11:11 08 Jul 04

All the tweeters/mids connect to the amplifier - normally located inside the subwoofer.

then the subwoofer has 3 connections - Front, center/sub and rear.

These will go into Mic, Line in, Audio Out.

Because they are reversed using the AC97 drivers.

Go into multichanel set-up - should be able to change the set-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…