Multi-Sessions remote access help

aplanet 10:33 AM 08 Jul 11

My situation is that I have software that I need to share with many people. The issue is that new released are sent out every 3 months so I can't physically go around everyone's computer each time.

I have an ideal world solution but am not sure if its possible.

Have one computer with the software loaded and have people access it using some form of remote access software. Now in i know this is easy enough to do but I suspect I will need capacity for potentially upto 5 people to use the software at the same time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might achieve this ?

Forum Editor 22:47 PM 13 Jul 11

"The issue is that new released are sent out every 3 months"

Can't these other users simply run the software on their machines, and then download and install the updates as they become available? It's the simplest thing in the world to park an update package on a web-server and let people come in and download.

If you really don't want the software running on client machines you could run an application server,and let people login and work remotely, but it's an unnecessarily complicated way to go about it if you have lots of users.

You start off by saying you need to share the software with "many people", and go on to say that up to 5 people will be involved. I would let those 5 people run the software on their machines, and feed them updates via download.

ashleycardwell94 12:28 PM 06 Aug 11

if in the same building and you have a server, depending on your setup, you may be able to deploy updates via group policy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…