Multi-session burning

cowgirl66 17:25 31 Mar 07

Hi all, I hope some of you can help me here as I've come to a standstill. I have Windows XP Home SP2, and am using Nero6 to make my music cds.

I downloaded the mp3s I wanted to burn, and played them all the way through from beginning to end in Windows Media Player to make sure they played ok and were not corrupted etc. Having done this I then opened Nero, chose the CD (not DVD)tab and assigned the task of making and mp3 CD. I added all the music and then before burning, I put the tick in the box to choose Multi-session.

The burn was successful so I was told by Nero, so I assumed all was fine. But when I tried to play the CD in Windows Media Player, a couple of tracks jammed the system and Media Player shut down. Again I tested the original files and they worked fine.

I have a few questions.

1. Does it make a difference if I burn the music as data rather than audio?

2. Can I record these same mp3 files as an audio CD rather than an mp3 CD and if so, does it reduce the sound quality?

Primarily though, I need to find out why I can't get the music to play as it is - on a multi-session mp3 burn.

Regards cowgirl66

MAJ 18:00 31 Mar 07

"1. Does it make a difference if I burn the music as data rather than audio?"

You wont get as many songs on the CD when burning as an audio disk, but the disk will be playable on more standalone players.

"2. Can I record these same mp3 files as an audio CD rather than an mp3 CD and if so, does it reduce the sound quality?"

Yes you can and no, it wont reduce the quality. Hopefully the original MP3s are saved at a bitrate equal to or better than 128Kbits/sec, better if they are about 192Kbits/sec although the file sizes will be a little larger.

I can't see any reason why your player should lock up though, you seem to have completed the process correctly, try playing the CD in another media player.

cowboy62 18:06 31 Mar 07

try checking ur cd for scratches or greasey finger marks and cleaning it

cowgirl66 19:26 31 Mar 07

Thanks guys! I don't know now if i had a dirty CD R/W disk or if I hadn't done something vital, saving the task at the end of the burn, which Stuartli pointed out in an earlier posting:

Stuartli
Tue, [email protected]:33

As others have stated, using multisession in Nero or EasyCD for CD-Rs is the best way to maximise disk use.

However it is critically important that, following each multisession addition of a file or files, that the session is Saved afterwards every time until the disk is finalised.

If each session is not saved, then some or all of the files cannot be read or opened afterwards.

Nero always asks if you wish to Save the latest session.

And so I got out a new CD R/W, did another multi-session burn and saved the task at the end, and now it's playing like a dream!

Regards cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac