Multi Save on LAN

Anti_Virus 15:19 25 May 05

Hi, I'm on a home LAN, and currently doing English coursework. I've got my work in progress on my laptop, and my backup on the family desktop pc. Is there anyway, that when I'm doing my work on my laptop, I can just click save and it will save my own, and the copy?

mgmcc 22:43 25 May 05

Why don't you keep the "master" copy in the Family PC, create a Briefcase on the laptop's Desktop and drag the "master" copy into the Briefcase? This will create a "synchronised" copy in the Briefcase.

You can then work on the copy in the Briefcase and, when finished, synchronise it with the "master" copy. That way you have two copies, as a backup, and whichever copy you amend, synchronising the Briefcase will update the other - just avoid making changes to BOTH copies between synchronisations because the older copy is overwritten by the newer one, although you are actually prompted for the action to take if both have changed.

Anti_Virus 17:21 27 May 05

Thanks mgmcc, thats great. Didn't know about Briefcase till now. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…