Multi-Region DVD crack for Notebook

Maundy 14:32 14 Jan 07

Just bought an ACER Aspire notebook which has an integral HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA-T10N (acording to Device Mgr) DVD-Super Multi-Double Layer player/recorder.
Unfortunately, kids have been playing variety of region 1 and 2 DVDs with the result that the number of remaining 'region changes' is down to 2.
Does anyone have a multi-region software crack or other suggestion for maintaining regional changes to PC DVD drives ?

Stuartli 15:16 14 Jan 07

Also see:

click here

Maundy 16:24 14 Jan 07

Beta,
Thanks but no thanks! NOT what I was looking for! This nasty little program erases Ahead Nero, has no clear uninstall and pops-up at each boot.
Others beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

postie24 16:42 14 Jan 07

Download dvd region free click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 14 Jan 07

Region setting
There are actually up to 3 region protections on a system:
- 1 in the DVD drive
- 1 in the Operating System (windows) - More info on Windows region management.
- 1 in the software player (eg. WinDVD, PowerDVD...)

When you flash your drive with a region free firmware (RPC-1), you remove the region counter from the drive itself completely, but with this counter gone, the software counters kick in to replace the one from the DVD drive. This means that you still have these other 2 to defeat!!!.
An alternate region free solution that is available for some drives is known as an "Autoreset" firmware: Instead of removing the counter from the drive completely, the counter simply resets itself to an unlocked state when the computer is restarted. This way, the drive appears as region protected (RPC-2) but the counter can be changed indefinitely. Creating autoreset patches is slightly more difficult for the patcher, but makes the life of the user easier because DVD Genie and Region Killer are not required as they are for RPC-1 firmwares.
On the other hand, it's easy for software manufacturers to detect autoreset firmwares, and if they decide to do so, you will still need a software patch in the long run. This is why RPC-1 firmwares are seen by most as the long term solution.

So, unless a program like DISCInfo click here or Drive Region Info tells you that your drive is still protected or you used an autoreset firmware, your drive IS region free, and any region counters that you still see come from software region settings.

To bypass that, you need to use programs such as DVD Genie click here or DVD Region Killer click here (the later is highly recommanded).

Note: Currently, the only software region free solution when using WinDVD Platinum to play DVD's is WinDVD Tweaker Pro ($18.00 US) click here

xvi has written up an excellent article with even more information click here

mymate 17:39 14 Jan 07

I have dvd Region Free,and no problems with that,you have to pay for it.There is dvd Genie as well,thats free,dont know whats that like.

Maundy 18:10 14 Jan 07

Beta,

Even having erased this malicious little program I reloaded Ahead Nero four times but it was immediately erased.
In order to load, use Nero and eradicate the problem I had to eliminate SlySoft from the registry.
Perhaps you don't have the problem because you are not using the Trial Version.

Kingfisher 18:45 14 Jan 07

Been using Any Dvd for years with no problems

Totally-braindead 18:50 14 Jan 07

Maundy I have on my computer AnyDVD, Nero, Clone DVD and Clone CD and they all exist quite happily on my PC and have never effected each other or deleted anything. For about 2 years now I think.
I must admit mine is not the trial version but I did have the trial version on my computer before and it never damaged anything else. The only thing it did do was stop working after the trial period was over. It did not delete Nero or anything else.
My only thought on the matter is you downloaded AnyDVD from a source other than Slysoft themselves and there was something imbedded in the program. I say this because AnyDVD is available for download from various places and some of them I would hesitate to download from.
Oh and my friends have had the trial version on their PCs as well, also having Nero and it never affected their PCs either. Some deleted it after the trial ended and some like me bought the full version.

mike1967 19:05 14 Jan 07

AnyDVD a nasty little program????

I think one of the best little programs I have purchased

Miké 19:50 14 Jan 07

"Been using Any Dvd for years with no problems"

I agree excellent program, works even if drive/s are hardware locked! Also does lots of other stuff that I can't talk about here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…