Multi page TIFs are corrupted / no longer viewable

CLONNEN 07:05 16 Jul 05

For about four years I have been archiving various paper documents such as my financial statements onto my computer in the form of multi page TIF files.

During my most recent archiving session a couple of weeks ago I noticed that one of my multi page TIFs was no longer displaying a thumbnail inthe Thumbnails view. All the others were so I double-clicked on the TIF file only to get an error message telling me that the file was corrupted and could not be opened. This was with the Windows Imaging program. I tried to open it with several other image programs but again none of them could open it either.

I even tried restoring the file from an earlier backup copy (about a year old) with exactly the same result.

I have since found a few other TIFs on my computer with the same problem. They all have one thing in common - they all have multiple pages.

I have already tried Photo Recovery software and it didn't work.

CLONNEN 08:21 16 Jul 05

I did wonder if perhaps installing other image software was responsible (I had some come with a new scanner I bought recently) but I think this would affect ALL the TIFs (some multiple page TIF files can still be opened okay in Windows Imaging). So it can't be a registry thing or a file association thing (I don't think).

CLONNEN 20:36 16 Jul 05

Anyone had any thoughts about my problem as yet?

Does no-one else use TIFs for multiple page documents like I do?

premier man 09:54 30 Oct 05

CLONNEN I have same problem but with a set of photos,Ihave tried all ways,but still no joy,hope someone can help us both out,fingers crossed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…