Multi Media Controller Driver Problem

Legslip 22:49 22 Sep 09

I have spent three hours trying to install the drivers for this device and everytime I try the PC crashes. I have gone to the Realtek site and downloaded the AC'97 drivers for XP. Everest reports the device as Intel82801EB -AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3].

An ideas?

Audio~~Chip 23:34 22 Sep 09

of your computer ie Dell, HP or if its a oem machine the motherboard model and the windows you have

Legslip 23:40 22 Sep 09

Thanks Audio..Chip,
It is not a manufacturers model i.e. Dell,HP. It is one that I have pieced together and pieced together again over time. Got so frustrated just now that I am reinstalling Windows XP Pro again for the third time in as many days. I will try and load the drivers again as soon as |I have a basic Win install. If not work I will load Everest and provide the Mbd details.

Stuartli 23:50 22 Sep 09

Are you sure that it's a Realtek rather than Intel on-board sound chipset?

See:

click here

You have Enabled the AC'97 on-board sound in the Bios?

Stuartli 23:58 22 Sep 09

By the way, there are different drivers for standard and high definition on-board sound chipsets for Realtek, Intel and other manufacturers.

Stuartli 00:00 23 Sep 09

Also:

click here

Legslip 00:13 23 Sep 09

Stuartli
I think you have hit on the problem but I am having difficulty finding the Intel drivers. The links to the drivers are not obviouse to me.

Legslip 00:37 23 Sep 09

Thanks. Think I may have cracked it via DriverGuide. Will update and advise outcome.

Stuartli 09:43 23 Sep 09

Clear enough to me as drivers for Intel 82801EB -AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]...:-)

Legslip 15:58 23 Sep 09

Out of Jail! Managed to get the drivers from the Mbd manufacturers website. It said they were Sound Blaster drivers so I downloaded 'em and they worked. Everest definately reported an Intel AC'97 Aud. Controller. All very confusing but a lesson learnt.
Thanks good people, especially Stuartli for you persistence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017