multi file downloads

vut475 04:20 25 Apr 03

I am using XP professional...

I have heard that there is a setting in the registry that limits the amount of files yoyu can down load similtanously from the internet. I was told the defaul is 2 files.

Can someone tell me how to increase the files that can be downloaded similtanously?

MAJ 09:17 25 Apr 03

There is no limit that I'm aware of, vut475, the only limiting factor that I know of is the speed of your connection. I've just tried it and I managed to have three downloads going at the same time and that was on a 56k connection, painfully slow, as you would expect, but they were downloading at the same time.

MAJ 09:23 25 Apr 03

Maybe you are talking about how a "download manager", vut475. They can download one single file in a number of pieces but those pieces all go to make up the same file. These pieces may be downloaded from different mirror sites and there would be a limit to how many of these pieces the download manager can download at the same time. If that is what you mean, then that setting should be able to be altered from within the download manager's settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac