Multi-card reader/writer.

curlylad 10:03 10 Jan 04

Can someone explain to me exactly the functions of a Multi-card reader/writer , or give me a link where I can read more about them , ta !

AubreyS 10:14 10 Jan 04

There are various different types of cards that cameras, MP3 players etc use. You can either just get the type required for the card that you use, or can can get one that will take more than one type which may be the better option if you think that you may change to a different one later on.

zanwalk 10:53 10 Jan 04

Flash card memory is an increasingly popular storage media, there are unfortunately various types of flash memory but they all serve the same purpose and multi card readers are a way of reading 6 or 7 different types of memory.

For a large resource on all things related to memory see this site:

click here

curlylad 11:20 10 Jan 04

Thanks for the posts guys , sorted !

Sheila-214876 11:21 10 Jan 04

The main function of a Card Reader (multi or single) of course is. It will be permanently connected to your PC, meaning you don't have to keep connecting/disconnecting your digital camera to transfer photo's to your hard disk. You take the card from the camera and put it in the Card Reader (which shows up as a Removable Disk in Windows Explorer) and transfer your photo's from there. Once transferred you can delete the card ready for re-use in the camera again. I have just bought an 8 in 1 card reader from Ebuyer for £6.99 plus postage. Lots of advantages, I have two cameras both taking different cards (SD and SM) I also have a friend whose camera takes CF but if he has some photo's he thinks I might like I just take his card and transfer them to my PC direct. Also works the other way of course, you can transfer "stuff" from your PC to the card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…