multi card reader

ternard 10:15 13 Aug 05

I have a mult-card reader, and when I plug it in, all the drives on it are listed. When I have finished using the drive I need, I click the icon and stop it before unplugging. The problem is I get a pop-up saying that I have unplugged and this can cause the system to crash. How can I stop all the drives, to unplug safely.

Satmansq 10:20 13 Aug 05

On the task bar have you been using the safely remove hardware icon. Looks like a plug with a green arrow above it. This sounds like the solution to your problem.

The Old Mod 10:24 13 Aug 05

Yes, you need to use the Safely remove Hardware icon in system tray as Satmansq says.

roygbiv 17:00 13 Aug 05

I have the same problem,after using the icon (in the taskber) to stop USB devices (printer pen drive) I get a window saying that device was unplugged and can cuase problems??? omnibook 900 laptop windows 2000pro Belkin USB2 notebook card (fsu222).

DieSse 17:19 13 Aug 05

You should use the safe disconnect tray icon - but I've never known not using it to cause a problem in real life, even tho' you do get the warning message.

ternard 21:24 13 Aug 05

DieSse
You may be right. I always get that message, but have never had a problem in spite of it. It does seem to me that there is no way of stopping all the drives in a multi-card reader. I do not have the problem with other devices.

Chris Webster 22:50 13 Aug 05

When I left click once on my green arrow icon all my usb multi-card reader drives (e, f, g and h) are listed on one line. If I click on the line all my drives are disconnected.

Cheers, Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…