Multi-Accessing Database

Hello

I have a Microsoft Access 2000 database and i would like to share it with two other users. We are in a NT4 Sp6 Network. Is it possible, by using ODBC links etc.

Hope you can help

Steve

Chris the Ancient 09:50 23 Sep 03

Doesn't come out too difficult.

You create a 'master database' which holds all the tables and that resides on the 'server'. All users then have a set of forms and reports to access this table on their machine. This means that there is only the one set of data.

If you read up the help files on "database splitter", you'll see that it's fairly easy.

HTH

Chris

Thanks Chris

But is it possible to use an ODBC link to share the database. Put the database on the server and then link the workstations to that database via ODBC.

Steve

Chris the Ancient 12:28 23 Sep 03

My initial suggestion is ideal for 'small' solutions of maybe two or three people wanting to share a database.

Larger facilities may need a full exchange or SQL server system and this is developed in Access Pro Developer - an expensive package.

Try going with the first suggestion for the now.

BTW. I did get your e-mail, but I prefer to keep threads working throught the PCA method as it can help other people who may have a similar question or problem.

Chris

Hello Chris i have tried to use the Database Splitter, but when i have tried to split the database it says i have already the database open, and i have. Because that is the only way i can split the database with the database open. Can you help me please.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…