mTropolis 32 bit windows player - error message

wobblymike 22:59 18 Nov 04

Forum users I seek your help again. I have a educational CD Maths Key stage 7 - it plays fine on my PC but not on my friend's. We both have the same OS(XP - 256 RAM. The game plays on my PC but not on his. It starts gets to a certain point about 30 secs in and then throws up this:
mTropolis 32 bit windows player has encountered a problem and needs to close.
I have tried everything I know to find out why, the PC is well in spec for the game, I have replaced the Hard Drive, the RAM modules, the graphics card, all to no avail. I am left with the thought that the problem could be MOBO but no reasons why. Can anyone tell me what the message is telling me and offer any thoughts as to the problem and solution. thanks
Rgds
Mike

woodt 23:20 18 Nov 04

HAve you tried going to My Computer right clicking the CD drive an selecting open with; and then choose another player.

wobblymike 06:47 19 Nov 04

woodt

tried no joy

anyone else any thoughts please

woodt 13:50 19 Nov 04

With no disc in the drive, in My computer right click the drive and select Properties/Autoplay you should find a dropdown list of different media types and what windows tries to use to open the file. Find the type being opened using mTropolis and change it to something else ie Windows Media Player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…