mt. rainier format - can read cd rw disks

pookie 12:53 25 Jun 04

hi

i recently formatted/reinstalled xp home edition. i have put on nero 5.5 (which I have used prior to reinstall ok). however, now my cd rw drive won't read any previously recoreded cd rw disks (back ups/etc). it brings up a message saying that my system does not support mt. rainier format. i've uninstalled and reinstalled nero but it's still the same. also, i can't burn cd's now.

any ideas?

many thanks

P

Old Shep 13:21 25 Jun 04

click here Someone had this same problem with Nero some while ago.I think (from memory) they also had Nero 5.5. Have you tried their web site to upgrade your product. Sorry,can't offer much else.

Sans le Sou 22:08 25 Jun 04

You need to install InCD 4.0. If your drive is Mount Rainier compatible InCD will set it up as a default MR drive.

pookie 12:44 28 Jun 04

many thanks and sorry for delay in my reply. i downloaded incd 4 but when that didn't work i downloaded incd easywrite reader 4 as well and now all works ok. only problem is that whilst it's fine for all new backups etc, it doesn't recognise any cd rw disks that have backups on them from old version of incd, for me this doesn't matter but it might for others.

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…