MSVCR80.dll missing

MrNigriello 19:54 06 Mar 09

I'm running a Dell Dimension with Dell's OE version of XPSP2. I recently needed to install a clean copy of XP on a new hard drive. As a result, I had to reload my copy of Office 2007 Ultimate.
It was fine for a day or so, then I started getting messages that the MSVCR80.dll file was missing. This stopped several MS Office application like Word (but Powerpoint and Excel are fine). I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office but the file does indeed still appear to be missing. I've searched a number of forums only to find contradictory advice. Can you shed some light on this?

rdave13 20:11 06 Mar 09

Don't know if this helps but take a look here; click here . Especially post dated 04-12-2007 .

ambra4 20:14 06 Mar 09

Download the msvcr80.dll from the web

click here

And place it in Windows – system 32 folder of your computer

Should fix the error.

MrNigriello 11:30 07 Mar 09

When I tried to load word, I got an error. I've also now got a message on startup telling me that Groove monitor won't load because the file ATL80.dll is missing.

Any other ideas?

ambra4 13:47 07 Mar 09

Your PC may be infected.

The presence of a file called GROOVEMONITOR.EXE is a possible sign of infection.

Uninstall office using this program Revo Uninstaller

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

Once you have uninstall office download the following programs, update and run a scan with

each programs, once they are completed reinstall office

SpywareBlaster and keep updated

click here

SpywareBlaster is a prevention program, unlike most anti-spyware programs which utilize a
"Removal" approach after your system is already infected.

SpywareBlaster effectively prevents ActiveX-based spyware, dialers, browser-hijackers and
other Malware or potentially unwanted programs from ever installing on your system in the first
place.

a-squared Free 4.0

click here

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

click here

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

click here

MrNigriello 19:39 09 Mar 09

Now I can't load Office 2007. I'm getting the following error message:
Setup cannot write the value 1033 to registry key\software\classes\access.applications\search\ananalyzeexcel\ Verify permission to access registry. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services etc

Any ideas what this is about?

MrNigriello 20:43 09 Mar 09

Now I can't load Office 2007. I'm getting the following error message:
Setup cannot write the value 1033 to registry key\software\classes\access.applications\search\ananalyzeexcel\ Verify permission to access registry. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services etc

Any ideas what this is about?

ambra4 21:16 09 Mar 09

You receive an error message when you install an Office program

click here

It seems that you have a problem in the registry, which you have to fix first before office will

work

Try the registry cleaner Ccleaner

click here

Or Auslogics Registry Cleaner

click here

MrNigriello 21:31 11 Mar 09

I'll try the MS solutions. I've used Uniblue Registry booster already, but it doesn't help. Thanks for the advice. All ideas are very gratefully received.

Greg-1744443 00:09 23 Apr 11

A msvcr80.dll error is associated with a Windows registry issue.

It either means that the file is missing or is corrupt.

Try going to http://msvcr80dll.net This site has lots of tips and software to fix the problem automatically.

dororof 08:45 23 Apr 11

link text

Not a virus,as Greg 909 says.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos