MSVCR80.dll

kobaltzx 15:15 02 Aug 10

I removed ms office trial from my laptop. Power point viewer then stopped working with the message MSVCR80.dll not found.I uninstalled ppviewer d/loaded ppviewer & installed. It worked fine until ms downloads were installed then problem returned.Most d/ls were for ms office but ms says they are important so i can't ignore.Anyway they stay on taskbar if i don't instal.Tried repair but no joy.How to get ppviewer only + ms works is all i need. Any help would be appreciated as i feel i'm going round in circles. My system is vista home premium.

Taff™ 15:31 02 Aug 10

click here for the MS Office removal instructions. I suggest you need the "Fix it For Me" link at the bottom.

Then re-install the PP Viewer.

I would further recommend Open Office which is compatible with MS Office programs like Word and Excel. (You just need to change the save settings in Tools>Options - Load/Save) click here

You may also need to reload the Office Compatibility Pack for Office 2007 click here

kobaltzx 16:39 02 Aug 10

No problems getting rid of all office stuff.Do not need open office, just MS WORKS & PPviewer without ms downloads removing or screwing up the MSVCR80.dll

kobaltzx 12:23 05 Aug 10

Gave up with PPViewer 2007.D/loaded PPViewer 2010 & all is now o.k.Inow have what i wanted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…