msvcr80.dl

Capital Idea 18:40 03 Dec 06

When I run Norton I get a warning that the above "file" is missing or can not be accessed.

I have put in Google and several sites come up advising free downloads to correct the "regristry" error.

I am a little cautous as I believe the regristry is key to the machine!

Any (simple) advice..

Many Thanks in Advance

skidzy 18:51 03 Dec 06

click here Maybe

click here

click here

Seems a very common problem with very different results,maybe my first link will cure this.

Kingfisher 18:54 03 Dec 06

create a new system restore point first
by going to programs> acessories,> system tools>
then system restore, then highlight create a new restore point and name it if you wish.If anything goes wrong you can restore your system to the restore point you just created.
But be warned any wrong moves in your registry can cause your pc not to boot.
I would talk to Norton first, they might suggest reinstalling the Norton software

skidzy 19:06 03 Dec 06

The problem seems to lay with Net.Framework 2.0

Check in Add and Remove programs and tick show updates.If shown you may be able to uninstall this and go back to version 1.1 click here

version 1.1 click here

As pointed out above,create a restore point first.

Coff 19:18 03 Dec 06

The answer is in Skidzy's second link. Just set Norton to ignore the "problem". You don't need to do a system restore and you don't need to reinstall the net framework. You don't need to download the apparenly missing dll file either.

click here and read martynl's post about two thirds down. From his post, "...Norton WinDoctor is wrong. It incorrectly reports that msvcr80 is missing when in fact it is correctly installed in the WinSxS directly in the windows. folder..."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5