MSVCR71.dll

kimtrnc 14:04 09 Oct 08

since 2 days ago, my system constantly tellms that there is a problem with the above program. I have "restored" a couple of times, and it is more or less ok ( some programs run, although threatening not to, some won't run at all) until restart, when it pops up again. I run virus protection and scan every day, but this is now nbecoming very irritating.
Help,please!

Rahere 14:32 09 Oct 08

Is there an error message?

What version of Windows are you using

tullie 14:47 09 Oct 08

MCVCR71 is part of the microsoft runtime library and not a programme in itself,or so i understand.

kimtrnc 14:55 09 Oct 08

Rahere - the error message says " this programme cannot start because MSCR71.dll is not found". this happens no matter what program I am trying to run. sometimes, after the original message, the program DOES in fact run, but others do not.
Operating system is win XP hHome, SP3
Thanks

Halmer 14:58 09 Oct 08
  Rahere 15:06 09 Oct 08

You have replaced the file a couple of times I think but did you re register the file too?

To register the dll file.
start>run>type the following

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\msvcr71.dll"

you should get a confirmation message if successful

if you haven't replaced it already you may have to rename the old file, paste a fresh copy of the file in the same folder then register it again.

kimtrnc 15:36 09 Oct 08

Rahere - thanks I will do that....

Halmer - looks promising

Rahere 15:44 09 Oct 08

You got me Halmer! My sugestion was based on this too!!

Good luck Kimtrnc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…