MSPublisher 2k photo printing

sparky47 20:58 13 Apr 04

My wife writes a newsletter in which we are trying to include photos of a recent club dance.
The problem is they are either all tinged blue or green. The printer is a Lexmark X83. I have tried various property settings hence the different shades but no true colours. Can anyone help?
Thanks

ade.h 21:56 13 Apr 04

I had an old Epson that tinged all colour printouts purple; it was because the yellow ink wasn't getting through and a new print head and fresh cartridges cured it.

sparky47 16:03 14 Apr 04

Thanks for that ade.h. Unfortunately both cartidges are new although they are re-cycled ones

siouxah1 19:14 14 Apr 04

Only thing I can suggest is to print a test print from maintenance.

If it still prints badly then I would suggest that the cartridges were suspect. Even though they are fresh. Have you tried lots of head cleaning?

Regards Brian j

ade.h 21:12 14 Apr 04

In my case, the carts were nearly new too, but they had to be replaced when the printhead was replaced. Printhead lifespan will vary from brand to brand, of course, but my Epson was three years old when the problem arose.

sparky47 02:15 15 Apr 04

Thanks for the new input but I routinely print a test page both from Windows and from the printer control program and the printer is only 18mths old.
A friend mentioned that he'd heard of printer manufacturers chipping their cartidges to prevent recycling/refilling. Could this be the cause?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…