mspst.dll Missing or Corrupted?

Gigs 20:28 05 Feb 06

I use WinXp Pro together with OfficeXP pro and have been using MS Outlook for some time.

Yesterday I tried to open Outlook and got the following error message 'MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured'

I have tried to find this fault online but the only MS reference to it seems to relate to Win95.
I also cannot find it on any dll. download sites.

I have also run Registry Mechanic without any luck.

Can anyone tell me please how to repair or replace this file?

Will I have to run the XP installation disk again and get it from there?

VoG II 20:30 05 Feb 06

Try Detect and Repair from the Help menu in Outlook.

Gigs 20:55 05 Feb 06

VoG
I have now tried that and still get the same message. Any other thoughts please?

VoG II 14:56 06 Feb 06

You could try click here

Gigs 17:05 06 Feb 06

VoG
Thanks for the link. I see that it says 'delete the MAPI folder'
Not knowing what that is, although I can find it OK, is it safe to delete? I am wary about deleting stuff from the Programs files.

Wuggy 21:06 06 Feb 06

Try renaming the MAPI folder to XXMAPI or something like that. If you hit problems you can always revert to the original file name.

Gigs 21:17 06 Feb 06

Wuggy and VoG

Thanks for your advice. A relative suggested a system restore which I have done and the problem seems to have been solved.

Anyway,thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…