M/soft word saving documents without specifying file

Ikarus 19:40 04 May 15

Not sure if this is the right forum. Very simply, where does M/soft Word 2010 save a newly typed document if you hit the save button without specifying a folder for it to go to? I have lost a document and searching Documents, Libraries, Names in the document and other features provides no results. I have a printed copy of the original document and now want to make some amendments.

Suggestions and thoughts for finding it please!

BRYNIT 19:53 04 May 15

MS Word cannot save a new document without having a file name. If and when you saved the document it would have used the first line or part of it as a file name unless you changed it.

lotvic 20:10 04 May 15

You should be able to open the document if you open Word and click on Globe at top left and look in the Recent Documents list. (that's for Word2007 I should think Word2010 is same) Then you can save it or a copy of it to a folder you can find :)

compumac 20:12 04 May 15

Check settings within Word for default folder for saved files.

wee eddie 20:26 04 May 15

Tabs at the Top > File > Recent

lotvic 20:31 04 May 15

Also just remembered, in Windows 7 on the desktop, you can click on globe start at bottom left and in righthand side column hover cursor on 'Recent Items' then rightclick on the filename and choose 'Open File Location'

bumpkin 21:40 04 May 15

Give it a name and your chosen destination (My Docs for example) and you should be able to find it easily.

hastelloy 08:18 05 May 15

Open Microsoft Word and, on a blank document, click on Save as. When the box opens look at the address bar. This is where is it saving by default.

If you know the file name you could do a search to find it.

Ikarus 11:25 08 May 15

Thanks for all the replies. Still no joy with finding the document. However, it appears that the default location for saving is Libraries/Documents.Can only assume that having typed it in the first place and printed it the document was not saved despite the usual reminder to save. lesson learned!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…