M/Soft Schedule+ 95 and Windows XP

Parsley 21:06 08 Jul 03

We still use the shared diary(ies) from schedule at work over our network. However, as XP laptops are creeping in I can't find a way of getting schedule to run on the XP laptops. It seems to install ok then won't run.I assume this is due to it being a 16bit program or some other file / component clash. Compatability mode doesn't seem to work.
Has anyone else out there cured this or know of any links that might shed some light on the subject? Cheers.

Gaz 25 21:21 08 Jul 03

What are you trying to Schedule?

Parsley 20:25 09 Jul 03

Gaz 25

Technically we are not trying to schedule anything! We use the old windows 95 schedule+ program (off the win98SE) disk to share diaries on various computers over a small peer to peer network. We use this because we would have to buy Windows Server (mega bucks) to be able to use public folders with Outlook97 as the sharing was dropped in Outlook and you have to buy server to get sharing in Outlook! I think you call it 'using a hammer to crack an egg'! Schedule does the job fine on Win 95 and 98 but a file (the name eludes me at the moment) seems unable to register with XP and hence the program doesn't work! I am trying to find a workaround within XP but so far have been unsuccesful.

Gaz 25 21:58 09 Jul 03

I dont think it may be included with XP then.

Gaz 25 21:58 09 Jul 03

Are you using XP pro?

Parsley 20:58 10 Jul 03

Gaz 25

No it's only the home version!
Any possibility that Pro may provide a solution?

Cheers Parsley.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…