MSOE.DLL

Skeeter's Broom 17:30 24 Mar 03

Although I loaded Internet explorer from the PC Advsor CD for some reason Outlook Express was not loaded as well. I thought that the two came together. When I click on the desktop icon for OE it tells me that MSOE.DLL could not be loaded! I can see the file in Windows Explorer. What can I do to get it up and running?

MAJ 20:17 24 Mar 03

MSOE.DLL is only a file in Outlook Express, Skeeter's Broom, MSIMN.EXE is the OE program, do a search for that, if it's there, you have OE installed. The error you're receiving can be caused by a few things according to a quick Google search. Try this, see if it helps any. click here

woodchip 20:24 24 Mar 03

What Operating System

Skeeter's Broom 21:40 21 Apr 03

Thanks for the replies. Good on you folks.What I did was to re=load Virgin. net and behold I regained both Outlppk and Outlook Express. However I lost Internet Explorer!!! My gurus at the ISP help desk just down the road from me here in Newport suggested a complete wiping of the hard disc and a complete re-load!! I think I will just sit tight.

Thanks for your help.

MichelleC 07:45 22 Apr 03

Yeah, these tech guys are great. If in doubt format. But when ie or oe starts to go funny it's hard to fix.
ie should be onboard somewhere.
Check you haven't got 2 of the same file as this will confict; try repair; try restoring to previous; try reinstalling os over itself.

Skeeter's Broom 22:18 22 Apr 03

Thanks for your help. The latest from MichelleC really hit the nail on the head. I suppose you just don't let the gray box win if you can help it. Nil Desperandum and all that! Yrs sinc.

woodchip 22:34 22 Apr 03

Why not remove OE from Add/Remove then re-install from PCA CD do a custom install so it will accept the restore install. Also if you are Win98 or WinME repair IE through Add/Remove double click on Microsoft Internet Explorer choose repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple