//some 3rd party need geo

msn/windows messenger

penny10p 17:51 03 Sep 03

Can anyone help with this problem? I'm afraid I'm not very computer literate!!!

I used to use msn messanger on our old computer and it was great. We recently bought a new computer and my son put messanger on it for me. That s where the problems started!! It appeared as 'windows messenger' and I kept getting messages telling me to upgrade. My son said he had upgraded and now msn messanger icon appears on the desktop. It seems to work OK but I still keep getting messages telling me to upgrade. Also for the past few days I have been getting instant messages from my contacts even though I haven't signed on to messenger. How do they know I am online?

When I do ctl, alt, delete it shows msn and windows messenger both running and I suspect this is the problem? Could my son have deleted the icon but not the programme? He is away just now so I cannot get him to sort it out.

Sorry this is so long but would appreciate any help.

Socalled 17:57 03 Sep 03

Hi,windows messenger and Msn are completly different especialy msn6.1 the lates version,you can disable windows messenger,and just use msn,if you still have your msn passport details.

click here

Socalled 17:59 03 Sep 03

Hi,windows messenger and Msn are completely different especially msn6.1 the latest version,you can disable windows messenger,and just use msn,if you still have your msn passport details.
sorry forgot to use my iespell check

Socalled 18:02 03 Sep 03

also this is how to disable windows messenger.
click here

bill sykes 19:39 03 Sep 03

.. it's part of XP and gives all the functionality of MSN Messenger as far as I can see .I installed the MSN version the other day to take a look at it but decided to stick with WM, so un-installed MSN and went to Microsoft to download the WM upgrade (8.5 MB). Everything works fine, including voice conversations and video.

Good luck....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…