robco 21:03 07 Feb 05

Hi there!
Have a 2nd comp which i'm trying to configure for networking with the main comp (slave to master. Have been getting the following errors when booting up the slave:

"vnetsup.vxd not found some apps using this may need to be reinstalled" then "vredir.vxd" then "dfs.vxd" then "vserver.vxd"then
when win98 loads, dynamic link library msnp32.dll is unable to load as it too cannot be found. Have solved the virtual device driver issues but not the dll issue. Copied the vdds from the master hd to the slave hd system folder but although the dll file is where it should be (in the system folder too, it cannot locate it even though it's in exactly the same place on the master hd and that has no trouble locating the file when it boots up. Have tried everything i can think of but to no avail. Any ideas? Cheers Rob. ps what is OLEChannelWnd as i cannot install winzip without it. For some reason this is another file that can't be found.

VoG II 21:18 07 Feb 05

click here for the dll

Also click here

curlylad 22:18 07 Feb 05

Regarding the dll file problem , do you get the error message stating something like Microsoft Network feature may be unavailable ?

To rgister this dll file , Start , run , type regsvr32 msnp32.dll then click OK. If you receive a "Msnp32.dll was loaded but the DLLRegister Server entry point was not found" error message , the registry entries may be incorrect. To fix , remove and reinstall the Client for Microsoft Networks using the Network tool in Control Panel.

robco 17:48 08 Feb 05

Thanks for your help VoG - looked to m/soft link and deactivated the active desktop - solved. Also to curlylad and your suggestion. The error message i had was different to what you suggested but tried your suggestion anyway and it worked so no more error messages on that comp. Cheers! Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…