msnmsgr.exe - Application Error

ebs1980 22:38 10 Mar 09

Hi Ya

Over the last i have suddenly started getting the following pop up when i log onto my laptop:

msnmsgr.exe - Application Error
The application failed to intialize properly (0xc)150004). Click OK to terminate the application.

So i click ok then i get the following pop up box:
Microsoft Windows
Messnger has stopped working
A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and nofity
you if a solution is available.

I then close that and can carry on using my laptop fine apart from my msn messenger. I have unistalled it and tried to instal it again but then when i try and use it i get the above error messages again.

Anyone shed any light on this please, and what i need to do to firstly fix it and then enable me to use msn messenger again (i guess they are connected).

Thanks in advance!

birdface 22:53 10 Mar 09

Maybe give your security programs a run in case it is a virus.

ebs1980 22:55 10 Mar 09

I ran Windows Defender and avast! but neither found a virus.

birdface 23:10 10 Mar 09

Maybe turn off your Firewall and see if that works.Or download Revo Uninstaller and remove it using that.Then run C Cleaner and then reinstall it. Or wait till someone can give you some better information.
Googled. click here=

ebs1980 07:20 11 Mar 09

Thanks buteman, i tried those and still no joy :-(

birdface 08:55 11 Mar 09

Maybe try Malwarebytes [free] or Superantispyware.Windows Defender is not as good at finding problems as those two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…