MSNMSGR - NO DISK message?

BrianW 17:10 31 Mar 04

I'm helping a friend of mine with a new XP Home based system. The system is running fine, but everytime he logs on he gets the above message. If he clicks Continue the system works fine. His wife has a separate space on the system (as a user - not administrator) and doesn't see the message when she logs on.

Both are using MSN Messenger as their default system.

Does anyne have any clues (I did search, nothing was shown)

TIA

Brian

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:24 31 Mar 04

He could try re-adding his contacts export them sign out exit messenger then sign back in it will most likely still have the contacts then import the saved ones back,also update if it isn't.I have had this message,not with messenger but other apps and updating/re starting usually clears it.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:08 31 Mar 04

According to xp Help and support:

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access the directory in which the driver is installed.
Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.

That was the "no disk in drive error" from another program in win xp so i assume its the same meaning for all apps that have the error.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…