MSN/Facebook Trojan

kingussie 10:20 29 Jul 10

This morning I opened a message link to facebook from a contact. I now have a trojan worm which is sending rogue messages and contacts to reinfect others. Am now getting angry people contacting me.
Have run Mcaffee scan malawarebytes cc registry cleaner but found nothing. When Itry and log onto facebook it is blocked with need to complete various surveys and other strange messages badly spelt.

OS is windows Vista..any ideas anyone

birdface 10:27 29 Jul 10

From Google.

click here

kingussie 12:23 29 Jul 10

yes thats it...think I am clear now but was a real little sod !

Shark boy 15:29 29 Jul 10

Thanks a bunch.

For the record, what's the virus called?

lotvic 16:39 29 Jul 10

AVG Antivirus Detects this threat as:
- Trojan horse Generic2.EXO
- Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic3.SAT

Sophos calls it
Troj/Bropia-N monitors the status of Windows Messenger contacts and periodically sends the following text to all online contacts:
"Is this your picture?"

Also Known As: W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.h [McAfee], Troj/Bropia-N [Sophos], WORM_KELVIR.BW [Trend Micro]
Just put any one of those Trojan names into google for more information.

Win32.Bropia.N is a worm that spreads via MSN Messenger. It may also be able to spread using Windows Messenger. It drops a variant of the ForBot worm family, Win32.ForBot.ME.

Thought I was seeing double there Shark boy :)
anyway have posted same thing on your thread for info.

audeal 21:12 03 Aug 10

Saved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…