MSNConfig ...

Natonstan 21:13 20 Jun 08

I was trying to get an online game working and someone told me to unselect some of the things in MSNconfig, and it has changed alot on my Vista, its gone all old looking and now that i try to find MSNconfig to change it back, i cannot find it/ search comes back with nothing , can any1 help me find it??

chub_tor 21:15 20 Jun 08

Do you mean msconfig? Just type that into the Run box and hit Enter

gazzaho 21:57 20 Jun 08

If it is msconfig you are referring to, you need to be careful what you disable in that application, you can really screw your system up if you disable the wrong process, perhaps to the point where you can't boot Windows. Do a google search with each process to see if it can be disabled or not, before doing so.

skidzy 08:42 21 Jun 08

Disabling startup items from msconfig should not affect playing online games,however can you tell us exactly what you have disabled ?

If you have disabled any services we need to know what ones as these maybe needed.

More to the point,i would guess your problem is your firewall,are you using the Vista firewall or a third party firewall such as kerio/Zonealarm/Comodo etc.

What online game are you trying to access ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…