MSN web mail crashes my computers

Sie1 00:11 23 Dec 03

Over the last few days, whenever I access my hotmail account, it causes a blue screen error and crashes both my desktop and laptop, both running xp home. I have used this service for a good while, without problem, even after its latest make over. My other email accounts, accessed via outlook continue to function without problem.
I have also found that Dabs.com's website refuses to work for me since its face lift, though using win98se poses no problem (desktop machine dual boots xp and 98se).
The only issue that I can identify is that I am using Sun's version of Java rather than Microsoft's due to the latter company playing silly buggers a while back. I have used the Sun flavour for ages without problem up until now.
Could it be that Microsoft have deliberately engineered their latest Java code to be inaccessible to computers running the Sun variety ?
Has anyone else had similar problems ?
I am sure that this is a software rather than hardware problem due ti it effecting two totally dissimilar machines, though configured in a similar way, but not effecting win98se running Microsoft's version of java on the dual boot machine.
I have tried switching from Sun to Microsoft Java on both machines but to no avail.
Answers and comments gratefully received.
Kind regards and Merry Christmas, Sie.

Sie1 23:47 23 Dec 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017