msn trouble

plastic_bricks 20:55 14 Jun 06

Have just installed a Belkin G+ MIMO modem router and now it would appear I cant use MSN Messenger. For that matter I cant access any Microsoft websites either. Most other sites are fine and the speed of connection is excellent. Help please!!

ade.h 21:02 14 Jun 06

Open up the relevant ports in the hardware firewall. Select Access Control and create a LAN-wide rule.

ade.h 21:04 14 Jun 06

Leave all boxes unchecked if you want an "allow all" rule, by the way. Check your pdf for details.

rodriguez 13:53 15 Jun 06

You might need to portforward your router to allow MSN to connect. click here for information on how to do this for MSN on your model of router.

plastic_bricks 21:01 15 Jun 06

Thanks for the response guys! Tried opening all relevant ports as suggested. Router comes with MSN requisite ports already loaded under virtual server setting. Checked these ports against the ones in the link (thanks rod :D ) and they are the same. Have even tried disabling the router firewall. All to no avail! But get this, I cant access any microsoft sites through IE using my wireless connection, but can using AOL, which uses the same connection. I am truly stumped! And a little out of my league I feel :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…