MSN Sign-in Failure

ade.h 22:56 11 Dec 04

A friend who has just activated an MSN account is finding it impossible to sign in. The sign-in window in Win XP is remembering the password but her attempts to sign in have failed repeatedly. Entering the password manually has no effect.

Has anybody got any tips, cures or useful website suggestions that would throw some light on the cause? All input received with thanks.

VoG II 23:04 11 Dec 04

You can check the status at click here

It all seems fine at present.

john-232317 23:10 11 Dec 04

Control panel, user accounts, user, manage my network accounts, stored user names and passwords, highlight name, click properties and you should be able to edit etc.

ade.h 23:15 11 Dec 04

Thanks for the link; I'll keep that for future reference. Unfortunately, this problem has been going on for a few weeks now, with no change, so it's probably not a temporary glitch.

ade.h 23:18 11 Dec 04

Thanks for the tip. What should I be looking for in the properties - anything specific? The password has been re-entered a few times with no success.

pigseattruffles 00:29 12 Dec 04

if an error message comes up "mess' has encountered a problem...(code here)" type it here so i can tell ya the problem

ade.h 13:45 12 Dec 04

There's no message that I am aware of, just a failure to sign in. By "mess" do you mean Messenger? The sign-in problem is with MSN Explorer. My friend hasn't tried to use MSN Messenger seperately as far as I know. I'll ask her to try Messenger and see if the problem still occurs.

john-232317 11:05 13 Dec 04

Sorry but you need to log in first, which you cant do, so my advice was a no no.

Maybe something is up with the account, all I can advice is why doesn`t she try to open the account again with the same name or open another one with a similar name.

ade.h 20:03 13 Dec 04

That's OK - I discovered that when tried on my own PC and couldn't find MSN listed. Your suggestion to re-open the account with the same details is a good bet, I think. I'll let you know.

ade.h 18:13 23 Dec 04

Have attempted the above suggestion, but couldn't work out how it's done. "Running Windows XP" doesn't mention much about MSN Explorer.

This thread is still open for now, folks.

john-232317 07:34 24 Dec 04

Try here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple