//some 3rd party need geo

Msn programmes blocked

I cannot access any programmes connected to Msn.Internet explorer etc come up with "cannot find server". I noticed when I type in Msn.co.uk the address becomes corrupted to click here... I am a new forum member and would appreciate any help.I use XP and AOL broadband.

ACOLYTE 10:51 18 Apr 05

Sounds like you have aquired a bit of spyware try running scans with click here and click here A2 Free is also ok but the site seems to be having a bad day at least on my pc.lol i cant connect to get you the link,also this click here all will run quite well together download update and run.

HTH

I have managed to clear the spurious letters at the address and can now access msn, but still cannot get into messenger IE or windows update.Thanks for the help so far.Acolyte.

Yoda Knight 14:26 18 Apr 05

Did u run the scans in safe mode ? Also if u can start in safe mode with networking support and connect to the net you can run this click here

i had a simalar problem and contacted MSM who gave me a number of fixes for this , they were not hard to understand and i fixed the problem with their second recomendation

bruno 15:15 18 Apr 05

I am not pinching his thread,we are trying to sort this together.An extra piece of information omitted earlier is that there is a yellow exclamation mark through the double computer icon in the system tray, and when you hover it says "limited access only available".This suggests to me that something is blocking it.Firewall or some other protection,perhaps.He has McPhee and AOL and also XP firewall is activated.

bruno 17:41 18 Apr 05

bump

bruno 19:48 19 Apr 05

bump

oldone 02:45 20 Apr 05

Are you running more than one firewall. If so switch one off.

bruno 07:32 20 Apr 05

Thanks Oldone,we have tried that but no luck.

ACOLYTE 11:04 20 Apr 05

The limited accses is usually only for networked pc's are you trying to accsess these through a networked Lan pc? if so you need to run the network wizard again on both pc's.Also just try leaving windows firewall on to test it, if it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…