msn or something else

paul2820 19:43 25 Mar 04

we talk to family in germany with msn 6.1 but the sound is not good is there a better option out there
thanks

powerless 19:45 25 Mar 04
  powerless 19:45 25 Mar 04
  paul2820 19:49 25 Mar 04

is that not a step backwards

ROYWIDD 20:03 25 Mar 04

hi paul,i use yahoo messenger to talk and cam to friends in the phillipines and canada with no probs,ensuer tho that you set your mic and cam up properly,you'll find the setups on main box.hope this helps...roywidd

powerless 21:00 25 Mar 04

"why 5.6 msn
is that not a step backwards"

YAHOO is not MSN.

BeForU 21:02 25 Mar 04

Have you fine tuned your sound settings and also what internet connection are you on. If you are not on broadband then its likely to be not good.

paul2820 21:04 25 Mar 04

i am on broadband it works fine here its just distance its not so good

obbit 21:34 25 Mar 04

i use skype click here

questions have been asked about it but i thought i'll take a chance. it seems ok, very clear sound and easy to use. there doesn't appear to be any spyware included although pest patrol has found something but i downloaded other porgrams and think it came with those and not skype.

if you remember not to send any delicate or personal info over it as with MSN then it may be ok. but, it's your choice if you use it. i do and it seems ok.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:36 25 Mar 04

Try lowering the cam picture quality and sound quality this may speed up your connection.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…