MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger and XPsp2

reddwarfcrew 13:27 14 Feb 05

I have always stuck with Windows Messenger 4.7 as it suited my needs fine. However I have just upgraded to XPsp2 and found that SP2 no-longer supports the MSN add-in that allows windows messenger to alert you when you have new hotmail.

I've now installed MSN messenger to get this feature back, but now find that my contacts list in Outlook Express no-longer shows if my contacts are on/off line. Is there a way to get both these features back without having to uninstall SP2 and go back to SP1.

Thanks.

huzzar 15:10 14 Feb 05

In MSN Messenger you can manage your contacts from the contacts menu. I have always used MSN Messenger and Windows SP2 did not alter it at all, maybe your problem is elsewhere.

reddwarfcrew 16:14 14 Feb 05

but with windows messenger you could nicely see them in OE6 without having to open up messenger.

I could go back to windows messenger, but then I'd lose the hotmail integration that has been removed as part of sp2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…