MSN Messenger at work and school

wrfc_rabbit 11:46 25 May 06

hi ppl,
is there any way i can access msn messenger at school?? i found a way with the computers running XP but i am unable to access it on the computers running 2000 pro

plz help ASAP
Thanks,
Rabbit

wrfc_rabbit 11:51 25 May 06

i also am unable to search anything with to do with messenger because the above software blocks it!!!

wrfc_rabbit 12:01 25 May 06

hmmmm ive found that i need somewhere where i can dl msn messenger i have opened up port 80

rmcqua 13:08 25 May 06

You will probably find that your school has a firewall that blocks access to some sites, including some webmail sites like MSN Messenger. This is to prevent young people from wasting their time on e-mail when they should really be using the school's PCs for more educational purposes.
If your school is anything like the one where I work, it will also have e very vigilant IT Manager, who can "see" exactly what web page is being viewed by any pupil at any given time. If I were you, I would be just a bit careful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…