//some 3rd party need geo

MSN messenger and Windows Messenger conflicts?

Fateful Shadow 17:18 19 Jun 03

I'm not sure if a conflict between the 2 programs is the problem, but I'll explain anyway!

I have installed, by default, Windows Messenger on my laptop. I also downloaded MSN Messenger 6.0

What the problem is that everytime I try to start a voice convosation or use whiteboard, it can't connect to the other computer I'm contacting.

This did not only occur when I was using 6.0, but also when I was using version 5.0

Is anyone else having this problem? It'll help to say if you are or not, because that will shorten the list of problem options.

Also, does anybody know how to uninstall Windows Messenger (I just searched for the files and deleted them)

spikeychris 17:26 19 Jun 03

Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 5.0 like a good scrap so copy and paste the below into run, it will get rid of WM. You will have to have your Internet connection turned off as well as Outlook..

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Chris

Fateful Shadow 17:32 19 Jun 03

What do you mean my "Internet connection?"

Are you having the same problems?

Fateful Shadow 17:34 19 Jun 03

Sorry...I read the wrong thing!

Its ok!

spikeychris 17:36 19 Jun 03

Nope, don't use either of them. "Internet connection" > log off the net before you enter the DLL command, it can cause grief if you stay connected with both IE and OU.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…