MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger

SDJ 18:15 27 Apr 03

Just downloaded version 5 which looks cooler only to discover that MSN messenger 5 and Windows Messenger 4.7 are not the same thing.
Can I get rid of windows messenger and keep the MSN messenger? if so how?

The reason I want to get rid of windows messenger is that I now have two messengers in my sys tray and even if I exit it it reopens when I open OE.

Cant see that Windows Messenger is in add/remove progs.

powerless 18:20 27 Apr 03

Go to start > Run > Copy and Paste:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Click ok, it will then remove Windows messenger. Restart your computer...

VoG™ 18:21 27 Apr 03
  mcullum_DX4Life 18:28 27 Apr 03

Id have Windows Messenger over MSN messenger any day but i refuse to run XP crap lol! And 2000 dont have it :'(

mikeyb59 18:39 27 Apr 03

XP crap!!!!!! You're still in the dark ages.

XP Pro beats anything!

SDJ 19:37 27 Apr 03

Thanks for that, I think I will stick with the Windows Messenger, no doubt it will be updated before long anyway and I will want the it back again.

Thanks

mcullum_DX4Life 02:53 28 Apr 03

I do not live in the dark ages, my career as a full time computer enmgineer and web designer dictates that i cant. I used Windows XP for a good 7 months and have gone back to Windows 2000 after finding many bugs with XP. You may not realise that Windows 2000 is by far the most reliable, most stable and most bug free Microsoft operating system available. In fact it is so trusted, that Microsoft were supposed to end support for it on April 3rd this year but because they realise XP has a lot of bugs and professionals, like myself, will not upgrade or have done and have not continued to use it but instead used XP they have decided to extend their support for Windows 2000 right through to 2005. Funny that, since as you say XP beats anything. You really have to have vast experience to make a statement like that. Maybe when XP SP2 is released, it will be bug free for professionals like me to use and not have to worry about the reliability or any bugs it may throw up but until that time i will continue to leave my trust in the mature Windows 2000. Remember, in the computer world, reliabilty is everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…