MSN Messenger - Viewing Previous Chat

Mo H 23:01 15 May 04

I recently had a chat on Messenger and as i had had a few scoops of the old amber nectar cannot recall everything i said. As the beer took complete control of my opinions i may have said something i regret. Is there any way i can see what i have said in my previous chats

SANTOS7 23:11 15 May 04

open msn/click, file/ option to open received files/open message history

Mo H© 23:14 15 May 04

'open message history' is not an option

anniecat 08:05 16 May 04

in "options" accessed from "tools" click on "messages" tab check the "automatically keep a history of my conversations" click ok.
History of conversations hasn't always been an option with MSN messenger, do you have the latest version, I'm on 6.2 which I downloaded a few days ago, history was an option on the previous version also.

anniecat 08:34 16 May 04

P.S. if the above was the reason you haven't got History as an option, I doubt you will see the conversation you wish to access. When it is enabled and you click on it from "file" in the MAIN contacts window, you will get a new window with the contacts shown whose conversations have been logged, if the window is empty there are no records. Other ways of accessing any records are, to right click on a contact from the main window, ( message history won't be an option if the contact has been blocked, you would have to unblock first.) and scroll to "open message history". or If you open a conversation window for a contact.. (they must be on line in order to do this) from "file" scroll down again to "open message history" and it will show you all the conversations you have had with that person... Hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…