MSN Messenger upgrade

gerdy 13:00 02 May 03

Since upgrading to MSN5 I have lost the icon from the toolbar. I remember a FAQ to restore it but have been unable to find it again. Any suggestions please?

fitshase 14:01 02 May 03

I need more information. Which toolbar are you referring to?

Is it the taskbar attached to the start menu at the bottom of the screen or is it another toolbar?

If it is the taskbar, simply find the shortcut to Messenger on your start menu, click and hold with the right mouse button and drag it down onto the taskbar. When prompted, select "create shortcut here".

Hope this helps

Regards

Fitshase

gerdy 14:15 02 May 03

The toolbar is the one at the top, back, forward, mail etc. My lower taskbar is quite full and I use the link to Messenger more than the mail link, (just makes life a litle easier)

fitshase 14:30 02 May 03

for some unknown reason, Microsoft haven't named their files correctly. You will probably find that the Messenger button in Internet Explorer is there, albeit blank. Here is the workaround:-

- Close MSN Messenger

- Open up Windows Explorer

- Browse to C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

- Rename the .EXE file to msmsgs.exe

- Rename the MSN Messenger folder to Messenger

- Load Internet Explorer and right click on the toolbar and click customise

- You should see Messenger in the right hand pane

- Click on it and click Remove then click OK

- Right click on the toolbar and click customise again

- Locate Messenfer in the left toolbar (should have an icon now) and click add then OK.

That should work.

Regards

Fitshase

gerdy 15:58 02 May 03

I'm afraid that didn't work. I have re-installed Messenger but still no joy. As you say it is there somewhere.
Thanks for your help
gerdy

gerdy 16:49 04 May 03

Hi Fitshase
I took the desparate measure of asking MSN helpline. It appears that the "upgrade" no longer has the icon as a feature. That's progress (?)
Thanks again for your help
Gerdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…